Dearborn Log Cabins
Our most basic cabin, a great choice for an economical get-away, or hunting cabin. It’s the perfect do-it-yourself project that you can customize to suit your needs. The Dearborn comes fully-insulated, wired, & heated.
Additional Options Available.
A spacious open interior allows for creativity when laying out your cabin.
A single 8’ loft with one regular outlet, light outlet, log railings, log ladder, and 24”x24” window.
Standard electric to code including electric heat with three available options from which to choose.
6’ porch with log railing.
- 4’ x 6’ pressure treated base skids for foundation support
- 2’ x 10’ floor joists 16” OC with R-30 insulation
- ¾” tongue & groove OSB sub floor
- COREtec Pro Plus waterproof clip-n-lock luxury vinyl plank flooring
- Vinyl sheet or Clip-n-lock LVP flooring available for bathrooms
- 2’ x 6’ exterior wall framing with R-21 insulation
- 4’ x 4’ Douglas Fir rafters (exposed)
- 4’ OC with sunburst truss design every 8’ – 12’ of living space
- 1’ x 6’ Knotty Pine tongue & groove on ceiling above rafters & on interior walls
- 2’ x 8’ rafters 2’ OC above tongue & groove with R-38 foam insulation
- Entire interior wood sealed with latex based, clear finish
- 7/16” OSB on all sides under siding
- House wrap moisture barrier under all siding types
- Insulated full lite door (with internal blinds)
- 40-year painted steel roof
- PlyGem 200 series windows with Low-E 180 glass, argon gas insulated, clay color, single hung (no grids)
- 6’ porch with treated wood decking, log posts & railing
- Douglas Fir 2’ x 6’ tongue & groove loft floor, as well as log railings on lofts with a ladder. Includes ladder hardware brackets for safe, secure, and simple ladder mounting without fasteners. (Can be securely stored against wall when not in use.)